PC Shuts Off When Gaming

CauyG217

Beta member
When I play video games my PC will randomly shut down right in the middle of what I am doing. I will be playing with my friends and randomly my screen will go black, all audio stops, and all my PC's LEDs turn off. I haven't tried to purposely recreate the issue, because the first time it started to happen 3-4 hours into the game and since then the time keeps going down. The last time it happened I wasn't 45 minutes into playing. I have only had it happen in one game, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, and haven't had it happen in any other games I've played that are less intensive (HOI4 and Rimworld). After the issue happened 2-3 times I ordered 3 new fans and installed them all and it didn't help at all and it seems like it made it happen quicker. .

Specs:
Case: iBUYPOWER ARC 647
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: AMD FX-8320 (Yes, I know it severly bottlenecking my GPU. I am getting a Intel i8700k as soon as I graduate.)
Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34
PSU: Allied AL-D500EXP
RAM: 8GB Kingston 99U5471-052.A00LF & 8GB A-Data Technology AB4400000
And a 1TB HDD

I think I have nailed it down to my PSU, but I need to make sure before i spend $75-100 on a new one. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: My PC doesn't reboot as I have it disabled in the BIOS.

Have you looked in Event Viewer to see what errors (if any) are occurring?

It does sound like the PSU since it says it was not properly shut down. Do you have another PSU to test with? I know I try to keep a couple of old spares around for just such an event.

Back
Top Bottom