NTLDR is missing! I NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentali$T said:
:eek: Then spend some money and get a real copy!
Its not going to work with the copy you have so spend £60/70 on XP real version.

My copied version works fine. :)

bmxfreakrider said:
ok, this is wat is goin on. the disk u downloaded is nonn bootable, and u ran the setup from 2000, not dos. i have a few questions first. are you able to get to desktop? and second, how long has win xp been installed on taht? and 3rd, how long ago did this error start?

No i am not able to get to desktop.

about 2 years now and it was working great until i deleted something =S (i thought it was like spyware so i deleted it)

when i deleted some file

CrazeD said:
My copied version works fine. :)

well. if i put my windows xp cd into my laptop, it shows the instalation screen. so i dont know if thats good or what.

If there is no data that you'd like to save, then make a bootable DOS floppy and format it that way.

CrazeD said:
If there is no data that you'd like to save, then make a bootable DOS floppy and format it that way.

im ready to do anything just to get my pc working again. i have like 1000+ mp3 songs there but its all good. i just want it working again..so how do i make bootable DOS FLOPPY?

Okay i have floppy boot disk, now this is what i see

A:\>

What do i press?? i want to fresh install xp

Well, first you put in fdisk. Then you have to navigate through to delete the partitions. I don't remember which ones you do, but you should be able to figure it out.

Once all partitions are deleted, you need to type format C:. It will ask if you want to or not, press y then enter. It should begin formatting.

After that is completed, remove the floppy, insert the Win XP disc, and restart the computer. You should then be able to get into the XP CD, and then format it properly that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom