New Build-Won't Post, Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodah12

Solid State Member
I'm building a reasonably priced 2nd computer. After putting all the components together, I'm getting nothing, no post. The monitor's fine, I checked on my other system.
Here's my specs:
P4 3.40E, Abit IS-10 (bought used on ebay, guaranteed DOA), WD 250G SATA, Sony DVD-Rom/CDRW, 2Gig Corsair 3200-C2PT, Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler, Xion II Mid Tower, swapped out it's PSU for Apevia 500W PSU.
I checked all connections, and all the fans startup, but no post, nothing.
Which should I check first, CPU, memory, etc. Please Help!!

Check the graphics card first of all.Have you connected the system speaker?Do you get any "beep" sounds?

I did connect the system speaker, but get no beep sounds from the mobo. I have built in graphics on the mobo, but wasn't going to install my AGP videocard until I installed windows, because I can't install and load drivers till then.
I do have a definite working backup CPU and Ram from my old rig. Should I try installing them together, and if it doesn't post, assume it's the mobo?

You can still put the video card in before windows is installed on almost all motherboards.
Try using just one stick of ram and then try the other and like
atomic tofu said the CPU.
Also try to use the cmos clear jumper. But make sure
you unplug the power first.
But the board may be bad.
Is that guaranteed DOA or guaranteed not DOA]. I'm sure just a typo.
Also is the power supply new? Try the other PSU just to rule that out.

duh.jpg

try booting from just the RAM,Cpu,video card (unless theres an onboard then use that), PSU,motherboard.
pull out anything else thats in there like PCI cards, HD, virtual drives, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom