Network connection stopped working!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmboy1984

Beta member
I have a Shuttle SD36G5 which is approx 10 months old. Being used as a HTPC with Media Center OS. Has been working fine until a few days ago when suddenly it will no longer connect to the internet. I have two other computers connecting via the same dsl ethernet router which are working fine.

A few troubleshooting efforts later, I've determined that the "local area connection" under network connections no longer exists, although it still shows a 1394 network connection. The green light which used to backlight the ethernet port on the rear of the computer no longer is lit, and I've verified that the cat-5 cable is still good. Reinstalled the motherboard network drivers - no effect.

I'm no power user by any stretch, but all signs indicate the nic is no longer working. It is built into the Shuttle motherboard as part of a combo lan and usb port. Any ideas of what I could do to repair or (assuming it is the nic) do I have to replace the motherboard? If that is even possible with this model Shuttle?

Please help!

Thanks for the reply. I would get a card, that would be a simple fix (I assume) but since this is a Shuttle PC I have only two slots, currently being used by graphics card which gives me proper video out for my LCD tv, and a Hauppage TV tuner card for TV input through MCE.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom