Need URGENT HELP...Local Dish showing 0MB FREE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Ok so my 500hdd is split into 2...one part is 100gb where win7 is installed
i wake up
and im getting errors and pop ups to free up space....it was showing 35mb free...now 0!!!!
and i just realized for some reason i had no anti virus installed...not sure why...i think i uninstalled one and forgot to uninstall another
is this a hardware failire or did i get a bad a$$ trojan.
the other partitions are fine...even the one thats part of the same local disk hdd...

so plss help, i really don't wanna re format everything!!!

hmm i think i figured it out
i looked and searched everywhere to see what file was so huge
and finally found vlc's crash dump file beign 70gb!!!
deleted it
now i scanned everything and im clean
i looked it up and i guess its a weird bug...

oops sorry but yeh, not sure why this happened.
well this thread can be closed now ig uess..
thanks for trying to help out!

hmm i think i figured it out
i looked and searched everywhere to see what file was so huge
and finally found vlc's crash dump file beign 70gb!!!
deleted it
now i scanned everything and im clean
i looked it up and i guess its a weird bug...

i have not seen that from vlc before but from multiple other applications i have seen that sort of thing happen. Some major bugs in the programming that only happen under very very specific conditions. Although i have not seen one quite that large before, think that largest one i have seen was about 50gb...

Anyway, glad you got that sorted out. But if you only have 70gb left you might want to consider getting another hard drive. Because i dont know about you but on a bad day i c ould fill that up in about a day or two.

i have not seen that from vlc before but from multiple other applications i have seen that sort of thing happen. Some major bugs in the programming that only happen under very very specific conditions. Although i have not seen one quite that large before, think that largest one i have seen was about 50gb...

Anyway, glad you got that sorted out. But if you only have 70gb left you might want to consider getting another hard drive. Because i dont know about you but on a bad day i c ould fill that up in about a day or two.

i have a 500gb and 320 gb hdd...i've partitioned my windows drive to 100 gb, so 70 free is more than enough...i instlal all my games on a separate hdd and store stuff in diff hdds so when i format i don't have much backing up to do at all !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom