Monitor won't fit full screen? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphrika

Beta member
My DIAMOND VIEW 1772ie, won't fit the full view of the projected image on the screen, I have the latest drivers installed for it, I have the latest drivers installed for my gfx card and motherboard and everything else. I'm running XP. When i use the same monitor on my previous computer that's running 98, everything is fine. I try to squeeze the screen by using NVKeystone application that gets installed with the monitor drivers, it gives me a ' GENERAL NVKEYSTONE APPLICATION ERROR' and quits. My gfx card is NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. I'm running 2.8 Celeron with 512 RAM. I have tried physically using the monitors own buttons but after using them to make the screen as small as possible, it's still not letting me see enough of the screen and i'm missing out on the time, minimize/exit, and on the left the START menu, corner up top, i miss out on important parts of explorer/internet browser screens aswell. Is there an application that i can fix this with? Any magical drivers to install? Please help as i don't want have to use my 14Inch screen again, it's starting go dark aswell.....

Have you tried to use display propreites and tweak your resolution? and go into the advanced settings and there are alot of things to adjust there also.

Yes, If i change resolution, it can show a little bit more, also the same with Refresh rate, but not to have it show satisfactory, or proper. I'm going to take away my GeForcefx5200 and Try the monitor with my Integrated VIA PM800 (S3 Unichrome Pro), maybe it's a conflict thing, i don't know, i do have the on-board gfx disabled. Any other ideas. I am not completly hopeless with computers, i come just short of programming, so hit me with the tech talk and i'll get it.

It kinda sounds like it is having a hard time auto-adjusting to the resolution your vid card is putting out.

Make sure that your vid card is outputting the LCD's native resolution.

I've come to a half-solution, i downloaded the latest driver forceware for my gfx card from NVidia. Uninstalled all prevoius drivers, Ran PCOnPoint and All other registry cleaners. Re-Installed all drivers, including CRT Monitor driver for Diamon View 1772ie, and then installed the VERY NEW 91.23 or whatever it was forceware. Then restarted and NVKeystone worked all of a sudden. I used it to fit the screen, my mouse refresh rate lacks a little now and is not so smooth, but atleast everything fits on screen. I think i will have to buy a brand spanking new monitor sometime soon.

My friend had that problem, and he could move his mouse to the edge, and "scroll" the desktop.

All he had to do was turn the refresh rate down, although it seems you have tried that already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom