How to fix this error ?

@nline

Baseband Member
Dear All,

I do apology if my it is into wrong place/thread.
While I surf on my PC, then this following window appear with the following error:
This is about (0xc06d007e)
0x000077FFF7AA09E08.

Dear All,
I do apology if my it is into wrong place/thread.
While I surf on my PC, then this following window appear with the following error:
This is about (0xc06d007e)
0x000077FFF7AA09E08.
The werfault.exe is used for Windows Error Reporting. It is a feature that allows Microsoft to track and address errors relating to the operating system, Windows features, and applications. It gives you the option to send data about errors to Microsoft and to receive information about solutions.
This is Windows system file WerFault.exe error. So is recommended to repair Windows using Run > cmd.exe > run as admin >sfc.exe /scannow (You must run it in administrator privileges).
If cannot repair, reinstall Windows.
You can temporarily get rid of this error message if you completely disable the Windows error message (error reporting service), but it does not fix the error.
How?
Find System Maintenance Service and disable it (by default it starts automatically, set it to star Manually or disable at all).
Open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance
Turn off Automatic Maintenance.
Then do this, Run services.msc. Locate Windows Error Reporting Service. Right click on in and select Properties. Change its startup type, from Manual to Disabled. Click OK and restart your computer.
If You have Windows 10, read more here:
WerMgr.exe or WerFault.exe Application Error in Windows 10
If You have older Windows, read this
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/1dada681-2d89-492f-92c0-2eae4c5a6d20?auth=1

Last edited:
The werfault.exe is used for Windows Error Reporting. It is a feature that allows Microsoft to track and address errors relating to the operating system, Windows features, and applications. It gives you the option to send data about errors to Microsoft and to receive information about solutions.
This is Windows system file WerFault.exe error. So is recommended to repair Windows using Run > cnd,exe > run as admin >sfc.exe /scannow (You must run it in administrator privileges).
If cannot repair, reinstall Windows.
You can temporarily get rid of this error message if you completely disable the Windows error message (error reporting service), but it does not fix the error.
How?
Find System Maintenance Service and disable it (by default it starts automatically, set it to star Manually or disable at all).
Open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance
Turn off Automatic Maintenance.
Then do this, Run services.msc. Locate Windows Error Reporting Service. Right click on in and select Properties. Change its startup type, from Manual to Disabled. Click OK and restart your computer.
If You have Windows 10, read more here:
WerMgr.exe or WerFault.exe Application Error in Windows 10
If You have older Windows, read this
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/1dada681-2d89-492f-92c0-2eae4c5a6d20?auth=1

Thanks for the reply.
When I enter/write cnd,exe into run. Then I am getting an error.

Sorry, there was my mistake, spelling mistake. I repaired it now, should be cmd.exe and if it opens, right click on taskbar icon and run as administrator, it is important.

Dear Friend,
Regarding temporarily get rid of this error message is not a solution. I want to fix this error as permanently.

2ndly, Test didnt found anything or any error.

3rdly, to install windows again is a huge job for me. I dont want to miss many things. Those may never available again after installing windows again.

There is yet another window with error message appear when I shut down the PC:(
Just couldnt catch this message while PC shut down....

What are you doing when the error comes up?

Can you please translate the entire error message to English?

For the other error mentioned you can try looking at Event Viewer.

What are you doing when the error comes up?

Can you please translate the entire error message to English?

For the other error mentioned you can try looking at Event Viewer.

Hi, Friend

Here is the translation in English:
The exception of unknown program exemption (0xc06d007e) occurred in the program at 0x00007FFAAE6F9E08.

What I do when the error comes up?
Well, I become so frustrated :( and I clock to OK then it disappear until next time.

EDIT: Here is 2nd message that appear while Windows shut down by me.

Into English:
Explorer.exe application Error
The instruction in 0x00007FFD7810DED4 referred memory at the address 0x00007FFD45182DB8. The memory could not be read.
Kiclk OK to end the program

Last edited:
I think maybe this could be because of I have an External HDD 1TB. That I plug in & out quite often. When this HDD is not connected then I dont see such message:confused:

I think maybe this could be because of I have an External HDD 1TB. That I plug in & out quite often. When this HDD is not connected then I dont see such message:confused:

If that's the case...then you should run a Disk Check.

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type (replace "yourdriveletter" with the drive letter of your external HDD):
chkdsk yourdriveletter /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

If that's the case...then you should run a Disk Check.

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type (replace "yourdriveletter" with the drive letter of your external HDD):
chkdsk yourdriveletter /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

Sir,
Thanks a lot for your support!

Back
Top Bottom