How do i uninstall a Graphic Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjef

Beta member
Hey i got the new 8.1 Graphics driver for the Radeon 1650. But its not working and when i search futher into the matter. People say to uninstall it and go to 7.3 or 7.2 can someone please tell me how to uninstall the graphics driver and where to find a 7.2 and 7.3 for Radeon AGP 1650.

PLEASE HELP I cant play games. Please Help!

Thank you :D, and just to double check (i dont wanna screw the pc up) do go on the uninstall function on Add of remove programs, click on uninstall all ATI software then install the 7.2. Just double checking.

Theres 3 options on Add or remove program, ATI - Software Unistall Utility which removes all ATi stuff from PC

ATI Catalyst Control Center and
ATI Display driver.
Which one do i uninstall? and do i uninstall then install the old driver or install old driver then uninstall?

PLease help im a real noob at this and dont wanna break the pc

Easy, blacklist it in your modules section, depending on what kind of distro you have and the kernel will not load that driver.

shdwsclan said:
Easy, blacklist it in your modules section, depending on what kind of distro you have and the kernel will not load that driver.
Might work for Linux, but not Windows... ;)

At least ATI's driver uninstall good. If it were Nvidia, you would have to use a driver cleaner.

Cool thanks for all the help but when i go to install the new driver theres 3 options do i install all of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom