HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvocvo

Beta member
Hi,
I'm having trouble with two of my desktops.
Desktop #1 Problem:
When all cords and such are plugged in, I press the power button. The desktop turns on for about 1-2 seconds and then restarts. The bios doesn't flash, the os doesn't boot. As far as I can tell the desktop restarts indefinitely. Any ideas what's going on here?
--Desktop Type: HP Pavilion a705W
I found someone with a similar problem here

Desktop #2 Problem:
I bought some 3M Dust Remover a few days ago. I disconnected power, along with everything else, from a desktop of mine. Pulled the cover off and started blowing the dust out of the case. I put everything back together, plugged it in, and the desktop doesn't work. It boots to a blank screen with the the power and hard drive led's stuck on, on the front of the desktop. The led on the back of the power supply turns on, I can hear the hard drive spin up, it detects the cd/dvd drives, floppy drive and then just hangs with the led's stuck on. Anyone have an idea what might be going on here?
--Desktop Type: Compaq Presario S4200NX

Thanks for the help, I'm hoping to get atleast one of these back online w/o buying a whole new desktop.
-Chris

For system #1 the problem could be from one of several like a weak battery on the board itself not maintaining cmos information or even worse "bad caps" or a failing bios eprom chip for just two there. Bad caps being bad capacitors on the board like one or more leaking or bulged out. Look for any discoloration on the board itself.

For system #2 you may have accidently blasted with too much force against the video card seeing that now raised up in the slot. Any high power dust blower is never recommended for use inside any system. This is why there are cans of compressed air called air cleaners that gently blow dust and debris out of a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom