Help Dead Computer????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtiestofan

Beta member
I have a pentium 4 3.4 prescott chip with a abit Is7-v2 mb, 1 gig of pc3200 ram, 1 30 gig hd, 1 120 gig hd, and a ati video card all other hardware is built into the mb. I was having a problem with the pwm temp. going to 85 degrees every once in a while, well one day I came home and my cpu was off. I tried to turn it back on and it was dead. I put a new 500 watt power supply in it and that was not the problem. So i thought it was the cpu so I sent it back. I just got it back yesterday and installed it today and it came on for a split second and shut off. I am lost I feel like it was never the cpu maybe it was the motherboard or is???? Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong with this machine?

Do you have it connected to a surge protector or ups? Did you check the obvious and make sure all the connections were on properly?

Ste said:
RMA the motherboard. Most likly the problem.

True enough. However, it wouldn't hurt to do a minimal system power on just to be sure. Take everything off that mobo except for 1 stick of ram, the video card and cpu. power on the board and check the LED's on the keyboard. They should blink once (all of them simultaneously). If the CPU fan is spinning and you get past The LED flash and POST you most likely are in good shape. This is an idiot test (not you!). If the LED's flash and you get past the POST it tells you this: mobo, cpu, mem stick are good.

The thing is Fubar..... I am pretty sure it is the MB the fan doesn't spin it acts like it is getting no power it does nothing no led no anything DEAD..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom