Dell c521, The case is too small to let me install a TV TUNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniq1

Solid State Member
HI i just got a dell dimension DIMc251 computer. When i first opened it and saw it was soo small i was delighted (got it from dell business cuz it waas cheap!!)
AMD Athalon 64 x2 dual core 5000+ 1 gb ram (512x2) I dont know the mobo. BUt the case does not allow me to freakin install a tv tuner because of the fact that the case is tooo small to let the tv tuner fit!!!!.
My question is what can i do????
DO i buy a new case??

I also want to make this computer get ready for vista+ some light gaming. How much would it cost to upgrade it? Tell me seperate cost to change the casing or whatever to fit the tv tuner and a seperate ammount to upgrade it and make it light gaming ready as in command and conquer 3 (does not need to be the highest graphics possible or sumthign)

Also I only have one dam pci slot so is changing the Mother board and option?? I heard that some mother boards come with built in vga cards(powerful ones not just the 32/64 mb) that would be great. I can increase the pci slots and get vga card built in and i dont care for looks so the cheapest possible case possible does not hurt as long as it works i.e. power button does not snag or sumthin.

Can i change just the case?

Or change the case and the get a mobo that has a built in (powerful 256/512mb ) VGA card.

I'm not sure about all Dells, but some have a special mount that will not work with standard mounts. So you may not be able to use a different case.

If you want good graphic performance, you'll need a dedicated card which will require a better PSU. All onboard graphics have poor performance and use system memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom