Can't disable tapping or adjust touchpad settings on Sony Vaio VPCSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlocation

Beta member
I'm trying to adjust touchpad settings on my Sony Vaio VPCSC laptop. Specifically I'm trying to disable the touchpad while typing and also disable or adjust the tapping feature.

In control panel -> device settings -> mouse there is no option to disable tapping or disable the touchpad while typing. I've tried the Sony update utility, I've tried downloading the Synaptic pointing device drivers directly from their website (older ones and the latest ones), and I've even tried loading other brands of drivers. I've spent hours researching this problem with no solution. I finally got frustrated and took my computer back to best buy "geek squad", they told me there is no way to disable tapping in Windows 7 (LMAO, what a joke). Then I took this computer to a Sony store and had a tech spend about 30 minutes on this to fix this "simple problem" (that's what he called it). Again, no luck, he ends up telling me there is no way to disable tapping on this laptop.

I'm very frustrated with this problem, I think there must be a way to simply disable tapping and also disable the touchpad while typing, since I see these features on every single other laptop I've ever looked at. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom