BSOD after installing new processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I reinstalled my OS and I was playing flight simulator x and I got the BSOD. Here are some codes it gave me after it restarted:

BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA80077D3868
BCP2: 0000000000000001
BCP3: FFFFF880043A3FF3
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600

I am not sure if these help. I got these codes from the thing that pops up after your computer restarts and it says "your computer shutdown unexpectly" What should I do?

Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If you have received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support.

Cause

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).
Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
Resolution

Resolving a faulty hardware problem: If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
Resolving a faulty system service problem: Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.
Resolving an antivirus software problem: Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.
Resolving a corrupted NTFS volume problem: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.
Finally, check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it.

Here is the log from the event viewer:

Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-05-30T04:12:39.937500000Z

EventRecordID 1563

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Family-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 80
BugcheckParameter1 0xfffffa80077d3868
BugcheckParameter2 0x1
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff880043a3ff3
BugcheckParameter4 0x2
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Will this help you?

No that information does not help. you need to archive and upload your minidump files. The Event Viewer tells me nothing. The dump files will tell me more.

I dont know why MoM says this is related to your GFX card. Considering 2 things. 1. you just did a brand new install. 2. you just had issues with bad drivers due to a change in your system without changing the drivers. I dont think you would make that same mistake so close to a format and reinstall.

No that information does not help. you need to archive and upload your minidump files. The Event Viewer tells me nothing. The dump files will tell me more.

I dont know why MoM says this is related to your GFX card. Considering 2 things. 1. you just did a brand new install. 2. you just had issues with bad drivers due to a change in your system without changing the drivers. I dont think you would make that same mistake so close to a format and reinstall.

Where can I find my minidump files. How do I archive it and where do I upload it? (sorry I am not good at these kind of things)

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgmms1.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_DMA_POOL::AddDmaBufferToPool+5b3 )

I have seen everything from video drivers, to DirectX to chipset drivers or RAM being at fault for this. I dont see how DX could be the issue when Win7 uses DX11 and there is no updates to it released yet. So that only leaves video drivers and chipset drivers at fault.

So make sure you have the latest chipset drivers, video drivers from the manufacturers site and run MemTest86 for about 8 hours to make sure RAM is not at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom