Bad mother board? MSI Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfinchie

Baseband Member
So A few months ago a company bought to brand new computer that my company assembled. Here are the specs:

AMD 64 Bit 3200+ CPU, 1 GB DDR400 RAM, Case with 400W PS, MSI 939 Motherboard with onboard SATA, 120GB SATA HD , 52x32x52x CDRW Drive, 1.44MB Floppy Drive, ATI300 Video Card, Windows XP Pro /w CD Media OEM.

After about 4 months they were having a problem with USB ports going bad as well as random shutting down, and video going black. And this was happening on two different but identical computer. So I swapped both mother boards out. Everything is going good. No problems for the first few months. Now I am getting the same error as before, USB ports don't work, as well as the floppy drive. I am fairly certain that correct drivers are installed. I am going to try to replace it again. Anyone have any idea of what could be causing it. Faulty motherboards from MSI? or just luck of the draw? Anyone got any ideas?

Maybe you can be more specific on the motherboard model. And then I can check it out for any complaints. I've owned a lot of MSI motherboards because of the reliability of this company. They make very quality boards in my opinion. But they could have a bad bunch of boards. And as a side note there customer support isn't so good though....

MSI, from what I have heard are good mother boards, very reliable, that is why I am hinting towards a bad batch. Considering, I got the mother boards from the same vendor. Here is the model number K8N Neo4-F. Thanks for your help.

I found this post from another site.

Replaced my trusty Asus A7V333 with this board and a new AMD Processor. Firstly, the USB ports worked once with a game controller and refused to recognise anything else. They have now given up the ghost entirely. As I don't want to be without a M/B for 2 weeks whilst Dabs confirms this fact, I've just installed a PCI USB board - which works fine. Looking on the net confirms that this chipset is prone to sudden and unexplained USB failure. Secondly, installed 2GB of matched RAM (1GB from Corsair, another from similar.) All 4 sticks the same speed etc. and followed manual to the letter re: slots. No dice. Totally unstable and I've had to drop back to 1GB. I have been building PCs for 15 years and this is the single worst build I have ever undertaken. I am tempted to return this, but for being without a PC for weeks whilst it is tested.

I'll look some more.

they mad a bad batch of msi board a few years, I don't remember the model no, but they made a second revision of that board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom