Win 10 Pro [buying]

iParanormalx

The strange one
Anyone know where to get the best price with certainty?

I've seen a lot of amazon marketplace sales for ~90$ but a lot of reviews say "SELLER FRAUD"... "KEY ALREADY IN USE BY ANOTHER COMPUTER"... which kinda scares me away...

Should I just dip the extra coin and get it straight from MS?

What do you need the pro version for?

SIDEBAR! I use pro for hyper v and rdp... like most home users who buy pro lol..

I've considered using bitlocker at home but unless I have any vhds from work at home I'm not going to worry about home encryption.

Im just looking for a trustworthy place to buy that isn't the full MSRP

Last edited:
err, PP, the home versions of windows since Windows Vista to my knowledge, have never been able to host an RDP session. They can connect TO a host using RDP, but they cannot act as a host. That function has always been in Professional or above editions.

Windows 10 Home is the same.

Also iirc, Windows 10 Pro can handle up to 2 TB of RAM... W.T.F xD If someone hits that max, PLEASE send me a screenshot.

When you compare versions like 7 Home Premium vs Professional then look at 10 Home vs Pro the versions of 7 specify host and 10 it simply says remote desktop. That's why I said "took RDP out of home". It made it look like they literally just ripped it all out. Not that I'm really that bothered, I use Teamviewer anyways which is why I don't really pay attention.

Very interesting, why buy when till today works perfectly free upgrade Windows 7 => Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 => Windows 10t.
If you want to become a pro, you must have the Professional or Ultimate and it must be activated, how, no matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, why buy when till today works perfectly free upgrade Windows 7 => Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 => Windows 10t.
If you want to become a pro, you must have the Professional or Ultimate and it must be activated, how, no matter.

Edited out the piracy stuff.

From the rules:

6) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed.
Talks of items that are not yet available by any legal means will also be taken in under this rule. This includes Games, Operating Systems, Service Packs and Betas not released yet to the public. Since there will be no way for people to obtain these by any other means then by Piracy or Warez.

Back
Top Bottom