Will Battlefield 2 work on these specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceball

Daemon Poster
hey guys i have a pretty nice pc and i'm thinking about getting battlefield 2. i have heard that it has some graphical issues and lags but i'd like to know if it will work smoothly on these specs before i buy it. any advice would be appreciated. thanks :D

AMD 64 3200+ @ 2.2ghz
ATI Radeon x700 pro 256 mb
512 kingston value ram

Yea it will run, but it could be better. First thing I would do is add 512MB more RAM to your system. But yea it will run.

Sport1031 said:
Yea it will run, but it could be better. First thing I would do is add 512MB more RAM to your system. But yea it will run.

Honestly, I'd add another (3x512MB)
BF2 is a freakin' resource hog. I've experimented with (1gig) vs. (2gig) and the performance difference is noticable. (1gig) will be fine, but (2gig) is perfect.

That system will run BF2, but it will be at minimum specs and MAYBE slow.

The processor is fine, but you need 1GB of RAM to run BF2 smoothly AT MINIMUM. 2GB of ram will run it perfect.

Video card could also use an upgrade. How much can you spend, because it will cost you $300-roundbouts to make a BF2-perfect PC with 2GB RAM and a 6600GT.

Before BF2 came out, 1GB was considered perfect for gaming, but as soon as it came out, people found out that they had to bump it up to 2GB.

So overall, that PC will run BF2, but thats all its going to be doing, running BF2, and it won't be very good.

Thanks a lot guys really appreciate it :p. And oh yeah, i was thinking about getting 1GB (2x512) Corsair xms ram. it looks really good but i'm not sure if it's better to have 1 GB of really good ram or 2 GB of cheap ram??

DONT GET XMS SERIES RAM! way overpriced and not good.

you should get what flanker said, 3 512MB sticks of the kingston ram you alreayd own, to get 4x512MB to run in dual channel.

expensive ram = cheap ram. unless your OCINg expensve ram>cheap ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom