What is a good NVIDIA NFORCE 680i SLI motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

osborne3

In Runtime
I'm Currently going to build a new PC And I was wandering what motherboard I should get.
Its going to have DDr2 Memory A 8800 GTX GPU SATA Drives And a quad core CPU

I'd say the 680 EVGA mobo, EVGA has really good warranty policies and tech support.

I'm Currently going to build a new PC And I was wandering what motherboard I should get.
Its going to have DDr2 Memory A 8800 GTX GPU SATA Drives And a quad core CPU

Why get the 680i if you only have one GTX? The P35 Chipset is what you should be looking into....much better and cheaper. If you want SLI the 650i is actually BETTER than the 680i in SLI...weird I know but true.

Why get the 680i if you only have one GTX? The P35 Chipset is what you should be looking into....much better and cheaper. If you want SLI the 650i is actually BETTER than the 680i in SLI...weird I know but true.

everyone always says that, sure we've all read that link B1 keeps posting, but thats assuming that future games won't use the full 16x bandwith. Theres like a 50 dollar price differance between the 650 and 680 now, so I wouldn't say its really an easy call to always go with a 650.

...but then...why spend more, when you can get a cheaper alternative, that can perform just as well?

everyone always says that, sure we've all read that link B1 keeps posting, but thats assuming that future games won't use the full 16x bandwith. Theres like a 50 dollar price differance between the 650 and 680 now, so I wouldn't say its really an easy call to always go with a 650.

heh first off thats my link ;)

second what do you mean future games won't use more bandwidith.....you mean cards. The games themselves don't draw out more bandwith. If I had SLI 8800GTX's and I played Diablo the same ammount of bandwidth from the cards would be used say If I play oblivion....now future cards will use more bandwidth however if you are going SLI 8800GTX I don't think you will be upgrading for a while....by the time you want to the 650i or 680i won't support the CPU your going to need to game at high levels.

...but then...why spend more, when you can get a cheaper alternative, that can perform just as well?

A little more future proof for just 50 bucks more...not saying going a 680 is the best route ( isnt for me since Im not going SLI ), but it isnt that bad of a route that some of you guys are making it out to be

heh first off thats my link ;)

second what do you mean future games won't use more bandwidith.....you mean cards. The games themselves don't draw out more bandwith. If I had SLI 8800GTX's and I played Diablo the same ammount of bandwidth from the cards would be used say If I play oblivion....now future cards will use more bandwidth however if you are going SLI 8800GTX I don't think you will be upgrading for a while....by the time you want to the 650i or 680i won't support the CPU your going to need to game at high levels.

Well said, I guess 50 dollars just isn't that much to me ( heck my system is $2000! but I did just start a new 62k job right outta college :p ) also the 650 mobo didn't beat the 680 mobo in SLI by enough to make it really decisively better then a 680 in SLI ). Since you seem to be the DSR3 mobo man around these parks, your going to be my "go to" guy for overclocking :p I'm still a big noob when it comes to that, just waiting for that special July 22nd day...

btw what company do you recommend for the P35 chipset/DSR3 boards

Well said, I guess 50 dollars just isn't that much to me ( heck my system is $2000! but I did just start a new 62k job right outta college :p ) also the 650 mobo didn't beat the 680 mobo in SLI by enough to make it really decisively better then a 680 in SLI ). Since you seem to be the DSR3 mobo man around these parks, your going to be my "go to" guy for overclocking :p I'm still a big noob when it comes to that, just waiting for that special July 22nd day...

btw what company do you recommend for the P35 chipset/DSR3 boards

Gigabyte is good for the DS3R, and i think most widely used...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom