What do you guys think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vip3r

Solid State Member
This is the list I have for my next gaming rig. I need a pc that can handle all the new games out there and is very highly upgrable. My budget is around $1,500 USD. If its not good please recommened some parts!
CPU: ClubIT Product - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 G0 Stepping Conroe 2.66GHz 4MB L2 LGA 775 Processor Retail BX80557E6750 SLA9V
CPU Fan/Heatsink: Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail
Mobo: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P Rev 2.0 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Ultra Durable 2, Ultra Cooling Intel Motherboard - Retail
Ram: ClubIT Product - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12 EPP & SLI Ready Dual Channel Kit Retail TWIN2X2048-6400C4
HD: ClubIT Product - Western Digital Caviar SE 400GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive OEM WD4000AAJS
Video Card: Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N806-A1 GeForce 8800GT SSC 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
DVD Burner: Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - Retail
Floopy/ Card Reader: Newegg.com - Scythe YD-8V08-BK (Black) 18-in-1 USB 2.0 FDD & Card Reader Combo - Retail
Case: ClubIT Product - COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower PC Case Retail
OS: ClubIT Product - Genuine MICROSOFT Windows XP Professional 64bit with Service Pack 2C OEM
PSU: Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail
What do you guys think it comes to a subtotal of $1446.8. My upgrades after that will be Cosair Dominator ram, Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme CPU, another hardrive, stronger psu, the geforce 9000 series card when it comes out and water cooling :D

Hmm. The 64-bit OS's aren't really the best choice. They seem to have a lot of driver issues. I'd go with Vista over-top of that... But it's up to you. See what other people have to say.

Great build , I have the 9500 great cooler . I would suggest you to switch your RAM to Crucial Ballistix currently best bang for the buck. And make sure you get a 16MB Buffer HD. Other then that I think it's fine, wait for some more input.

Here you go:
get the q6600 go OEM version from clubbit.
for cpu fan, get the tuniq tower 120.
for mobo get the p35-ds3r(no SLI)
ram-crucual ballistix
for os, i would go with vista ultimate 64 bit.
vista is the new os and you should start getting use to it now...
video card looks good.

Hmm. The 64-bit OS's aren't really the best choice. They seem to have a lot of driver issues. I'd go with Vista over-top of that... But it's up to you. See what other people have to say.

not true.. for new hardware... its all supported.. and for Software... put in on Windows XP 32bit

Floopy drive, i like that one as far as typos go. But for roughly the same price as the e6850 you can get a q6600 and just overclock it. Seconding the crucial ballistix. I have the xms2 but am probably going to replace them with ballistix at some point.

agreed...ill be installing vista ult 64 bit thanks to you.

what do you think of what i suggested though?

ooh.. didnt' see that.. but looks like a nice build... u don't need my approval.. u know what ur talking about..

lol :)

but u know what we recommend nowadays.. we keep recommending the same things..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom