it wasnt the motherboard!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
OMG, im soo excited but angry at the same time.

Here's the story, I bought the ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi at CompUSA, put everything together while and get paid to do it haha :D My boss told me to build it myself so I was on the clock and built my computer together.

Anyway, the stupid thing still did not post!!!! So we tried using a E6400 Processor that was opened and returned by a costumer and it still does not work. Apparently there are three things that can cause the motherboard to not post and that is if the CPU is dead, motherboard is dead and the Power Supply is not giving any power to the CPU.

So, we used a different power supply and it posted! that was on the E6400 without a heatsink haha cuz we didnt install the heatsink and it was returned by a costumer so we took the risk :D

Then we used my CPU the E6600 I bought at newegg and it posted using a different power supply. So we now believe it is the power supply that is wrong not the motherboard. Im angry because if we did this the first time i sent it to CompUSA I would not have end up returning the MSI motherboard which I will be charged 15% restocking and ordering the same one, and I will also be charged a 15% restocking fee when I return it because I no longer need it.

So now my build is the same except I have the ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi motherboard instead. I will have to contact newegg on monday to get an RMA on the Powersupply and just exchange it so I wont be charged a restocking fee.

I dont know but that Corsair is supposedly a good power supply but i guess i was just unlucky afterall.

So my computer is not running because i dont have a powersupply but it does run if i used a different power supply. Hopefully everything goes well when I get the replacement PSU.

Thanks for the help here, I will be posting in this site all the time, this is an awesome forum. :D I will greatly recommend this forum to my friends who are interested in computers

Eh. I don't like that PSU. Everybody recommends it and the 520w model, but they're so overpriced for what they offer IMO. SO TAKE THAT! Deathawk 1 Corsair PSU's - 0.

But seriously, that sucks.. you end up paying a premium for reliabillity.. 160$ish dollars for a 620w PSU.. just for it to not work for you.. I woulda rather gotten something like this Newegg.com - mushkin 550200 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V cUL,CE,CB,FCC - Retail and pocketed the rest of the money.. but that's just me..

Good luck on everything ^^

Eh. I don't like that PSU. Everybody recommends it and the 520w model, but they're so overpriced for what they offer IMO. SO TAKE THAT! Deathawk 1 Corsair PSU's - 0.

But seriously, that sucks.. you end up paying a premium for reliabillity.. 160$ish dollars for a 620w PSU.. just for it to not work for you.. I woulda rather gotten something like this Newegg.com - mushkin 550200 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V cUL,CE,CB,FCC - Retail and pocketed the rest of the money.. but that's just me..

Good luck on everything ^^

I know i expected the PSU to work well. We assumed it was the motherboard because the psu was giving power to the fans and stuff but apparently not to the CPU :(

Apparently there are three things that can cause the motherboard to not post and that is if the CPU is dead, motherboard is dead and the Power Supply is not giving any power to the CPU.

ram not working correctly, being bad, or being overclocked too much or having timings too tight will prohibit post as well.

it wont post but its turns on...

????? What turns on? The motherboard still turned on even using the power supply but the CPU was not getting any power thus basically no post since the motherboard does not know there is a CPU installed since no power is given to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom