VFX GPU and components please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamo0o

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,
I'm going to be building my own rig this summer because I have outgrown the "house computer" and am heading off to college and was wondering what you all think I should put in it. I am looking to spend anywhere from 1,500 - 2,500 dollars - whatever will give me the optimal bang for buck + longevity. I have a good idea for specs. of most of the components; 2gb RAM, Intel core 2 duo, 150 or so gb hd, (I have an external to supplement) I have a monitor but will get another for dual. I am lacking specifics - part of the reason being I will not be building until end of summer and do not want to purchase anything now... Do any of you recommended a certain brand or line of products specifically for 3D? What video card would you recommend assuming I were to purchase it today - keep in mind this would be primarily a workstation not for games - and how much would you recommend spending on said graphics card? Would a card like this

NVIDIA QUADRO FX1500 PRO VIDEO EDITION PCIE 256MB 3D GRAPHICS CARD - PNY QUADRO - VCQFX1500-PCIE-PB-V - SPARCO.COM

be good... more? less?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any responses would be very helpful

P.S while on the subject, would you recommend any laptops specifically for 3D?

so your a media or some form of design student??? This is a highly overclockable build If your not going to then you will want different parts

Motherboard: Abit AW9D max
Cpu: E6420 (wont be out until summer)
Ram: 4x1gb (2x(2x1gb G-skill Hz Ram)) they're the black ones
Psu: 430w Antec true power trio
videocard: I have heard the 7600GT is great for media editing but the quadro is a dedicated design card so will be the best option if you will do no gaming at all.
hard-drive: 320gb Sata seagate barracuda 7200.10 (the fastest 7200rpm drive currently available good price/gb and has a 5 year warranty)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom