Im gonna upgrade my pc mainly for playing csgo so from
-i5 4460
-nvidia 960 4gb
-8ram

I will go to
-i7 (not sure which)
-nvidia 960 4gb
-16 ram

My Qs are 1- is it worth buying a proccesor second hand and what should i be aware of when buying 2- which i7 should i get for solid 300 fps

Ive read that csgo is proccesor based thats why i think upgrading mainly my proccesor will increse the performance tremendously .

Thanks for the help in advance and sorry if im writing in the wrong thread im new here :p

Edit: if needed i can tell everything else about the pc eg case motherboard etc
Edit2: im playing on 1280/1024 4:3 and everything on low in the video settings

Last edited:
Sorry, I work weekends so it takes me a while to get to the forums.

The 1050ti performs about the same as your current 960. To get an upgrade you'd need at least a 1060 6GB. A 1060 should do it, a 1070 to be safe. There are people out there running Haswell i5s and maintaining 300 solid with 1070s.

To be completely honest that current setup should be getting 200fps+ on CS:GO, and the jump to 300 won't really effect your play much at all of any depending on your monitor .

But if you wanna go ahead anyways I would 100% say wait , this is the worst time in a very long period to buy RAM and GPU's due the crypto craze inflating all the prices .

To be completely honest that current setup should be getting 200fps+ on CS:GO, and the jump to 300 won't really effect your play much at all of any depending on your monitor .

But if you wanna go ahead anyways I would 100% say wait , this is the worst time in a very long period to buy RAM and GPU's due the crypto craze inflating all the prices .

OP lives in Bulgaria, prices aren't really inflated outside of the US.

Back
Top Bottom