There's More NVIDIA G92 coming late 2007 (8800GTS 128SP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
etched in laser?

I thought it does 10.1? someone said that is does (umm vernong said it does)

I read an article saying the new aTI GPU wont be as good as the 8800GT.

Any speculation>?

New ATI HD 3800 To Support DX 10.1 | Tom's Hardware

"Nvidia's GeForce 8800GT is a nice card for the price but it's only 10.0 compliant where AMD's upcoming releases of RV670, RV680, and R700 will all be DX 10.1 ready."

"D3D 10.1 is around the corner and AMD will be the first to launch hardware that is compliant with this new specification."

And yes... PHYSICALLY ETCHED OUT VIA LASER = No flashing of the bios will unlock them.

New ATI HD 3800 To Support DX 10.1 | Tom's Hardware

"Nvidia's GeForce 8800GT is a nice card for the price but it's only 10.0 compliant where AMD's upcoming releases of RV670, RV680, and R700 will all be DX 10.1 ready."

"D3D 10.1 is around the corner and AMD will be the first to launch hardware that is compliant with this new specification."

And yes... PHYSICALLY ETCHED OUT VIA LASER = No flashing of the bios will unlock them.

if you come to think of it...dx 10 has been available for almost a year and look how poorly they have taken FULL advantage of it.
Why jump to dx 10.1? when dx 10 hasnt been fully developed.

i bet they did this because they don't want their ultra cheap cards beating out their "big boys"

So I guess vernong was wrong lol.

Any idea if these cards will be better.

How much they should be.

If its worth the wait.

if you come to think of it...dx 10 has been available for almost a year and look how poorly they have taken FULL advantage of it.
Why jump to dx 10.1? when dx 10 hasnt been fully developed.

I never said it was logical, I'm just saying, they are not being "left behind" by Nvidia. They are actually ahead.

i think nvidia is trying to play around with the market, theyve doen so well so far tha theyve got the power to do so, ati, could release a monster card, and either way nvidia will be at an advantage, as everyone has there cards and the ystill perform amazingly at this point, crysis being one, and only one other game i can think of will surpass that graphically (allan wake) so no more power is neccesarily needed at this point, so now nvidia can jyust work on there next series for next year, and out due ati once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom