Stuttering Computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
A weird glitch occurred on all of these dates.
2 months ago, 9 days ago, 8 days ago, and today.

The glitch is that the mouse, dragging windows, sound, etc. stutter every second for a tiny instant every single second, 3 of the times i restarted within a few minutes and problem was fixed after restart, one of the times it BSOD'd and quickly restarted without letting me actualy see the BSOD.

I'm not sure what to do with this pc from **** anymore...do I RMA everything? I dont know what to do anymore...help please...

Notes:
-I have installed a fresh xp, problem still occured again today, after a week of no problems since installing the fresh xp.
-CPU is at 1.3V at 100% load, 1.344V at desktop.
-GPU is not overclocked during these problems.
-Drivers are upto date for MOBO and GPU.

A very generic canned speech, and you answered some things already..
"
List all components.
List the cooling setup and heatsink.
When did the problem start?
How many running proccesses?
what anti virus and anti spyware programs are you running?
Update Windows, all Drivers and all Scan definitions for protection programs.
Use MSconfig and google to uncheck all unneeded start up entries.

Go through this guide, complete all steps.
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=119852
Its spyware guide, not video card thing..

Download and run speedfan list tempartures it gives.
Download and run regseeker. Then Disk Clean up, then Disk Defrag. (Or whatever program you use, Diskkeeper or O&O)

Report Back.
"

E6750 @ 3.2Ghz @ 1.304V 100% Load, 1.344V desktop.
Seagate 320GB.
Corsair HX 620W.
eVGA 8800GTS 320MB @ stock.
Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R V1.x
CoolerMaster Centurion 5
OCZ 2x1GB Revision 2 @ +0.2V @ 4-4-4-15 (stock timings)

cooling is stock on everything.

problem happened 2 months ago during FEAR, 9 days ago during FEAR, 8 days ago during youtube video, today during age of empires 3.

no antivirus/spyware running (I'm a smart downloader, and install fresh xp every few months anyways.)

all updates, most recent non beta drivers for MOBO and Vidcard.

cpu at 45C after orthos 30min.

gpu at 76C after DiRT for an hour.

If it worked after you installed XP again for at least a week then I would say something is occuring by something you or one of your programs may be doing. The fact that it works fine after a clean wipe of XP makes me wonder if the hardware is at fault or not.

Make sure all the connections in the computer are good. I know this sounds basic, but seriously re-set everything. A while ago my videocard was playing up and giving me crap performance, it regestered as 1x PCIe bandwith, not 16x.

This sounds a bit similar to what i experienced, and all i did to fix it was re-set the video card and make sure it was in properly (this was after days of trying to fix drivers etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom