Steal on gaming grade laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
wipe that and replace it with Windows XP and that is quite a prety **** good gaming laptop.

Even though the 8600GT isn't that powerful, 1GB of ram and one of them will play games ok on XP. Definitely worth the 700 bucks.

Ya, I was not talking about playing crysis at high settings on it. lol

Counter strike, half life 2. Company of heroes..... just playable at native res. and stuff.

ya.. Spanish.. i've got a conjugating test on it tomorrow.. (just for the AR infinitives... yawn.. so easy..) anyways back to the topic.. isn't the 7950m the best Laptop GPU out there? how come no high end 8 series for the laptops.. i don't want the Penryn's to be limited by a 7950

Actually, the Dell XPS M1730's 8700M-GT in SLi gives a whopping 8000+ marks in 3DMark06...

The Sager NP9260 with it's SLi'd Go7950GTX is better, but doesn't offer DX10 and the other 8 series features, and it's an unfair comparison because it uses a desktop chipset platform; it's a power-hungry muthatucka.

The 8700M-GT is the fastest notebook-specific graphics solution, and of course, even faster in SLI.

Yep...CoH runs **** well on medium settings with slower GPU's and it still looks and plays beautifully.

The laptop will play games 1 or 2 years old on medium no problem and for a 700 bucks thats more than you can ask for in a laptop.

I'm willing to bet that thing will score around around 4700 in 3Dmark06 at it's native resolution.

I am really considering it. For school, on the road. etc.....

Best part is, it isn't that tacky sliver on white scheme that the inspiron notebooks use. All black. with a more rounded design.

that looks real nice... and since Sli doesnt really work for laptops.. lol... not a bad video in there anyway, itd even play some of the newer games out there on medium specs if you really wanted it to...

id def check into pricing of more RAM though- if dell doesnt hack off your arm for another gig it'd be perfect.

Adding 2gig ram and the 8600 card (256mb) and takin away deals i dont want and crud theyd install on it that I wouldnt use or wouldnt want boggin me down- and adding "plant a tree for me" (everyone effin do it- its 2 dollars and you help the planet.) 911.00 after deals. Not bad at all for a 2gig RAM 256mb vid card laptop.

Ya, I know. I just went with vista cause it has a dx10 video card in it. Vista doesn't hinder anything that bad.

Not to bring back this topic but actually yes it does. Vista is a resource hog compared to XP and uses more memory and more CPU power to run things....it would game a good bit better on Xp than vista. However laptop's are usually work related and gaming on the side so Vista isn't a "bad" idea for a laptop as long as you are willing to take a performance hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom