quad 105w vs dual 65w

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I just read about the wattages of the two q6600 and e6850 processors. The q6600 is 105w and the e6850 is 65w. This is the maximum wattage under full cpu load, right?? Seems like the 105w will make my bills go up :( . Do they differ a lot in wattage while running idle?? I really want to wait for the 45nm cpu's but I've waited long enough!!!!

Do I need an aftermarket heat sink for any of these two cpu's???
(No, I will not overclock.)

You will not need an aftermarket heatsink, if you're not overclocking.

The Q6600 would be of use to you, if you plan on doing a lot of multitasking, as well as gaming. The e6850 will do just fine for you, if you are concerned about your electricity bill.

I don't think it will be low temps. It also depends on how much voltage, you give it, while getting to those speeds. Let's not forget about the airflow of the case, either.

i expected that.. but i consider anything under 80 low :) i guess thats the effect of using a high voltage P4

For C2Ds, it's best to keep it below 60-65C on load.

sorry to thread jack.... but b1gapl do u know how to mount a giant heatsink on a motherboard.... do i install it after mounting the mobo on the case or do it b4 i mount it like i would with a tiny cooler......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom