Q6600 or E6850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
If i dont ovreclock (dont tell me to overclock please...:( )

Should i get the Q6600 or E6850, the E6850 on Non Quad Core supporting programs eats them up better than mosty Intel Extreme Quad CPU's, but you can clearly see that when Quad Core can be used its either right with it, or leeps above it.

I play alot of games and don't use many programs...just games. I will be getting Crysis (quad core) CoD4 (dual) UT3 (dual..).

You can see my dilema no doubt, Q6600 = future proof and very fast when cores can be used but not much DOES use all 4 cores, and E6850 = Tears dual core games to shreds.

Also, does XP recognise Quad Cores to be used in games and desktop ?

I can't OC cus my ram sucks an incredible amount.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that when quad core is finally utilized to its potential, the Q6600 will probably be pretty old and you won't see much performance difference between it and the E6850. For right now, if you're a gamer, I'd suggest the E6850, as you said, it is awesome for current gaming.

My mobo does also support 1333Fsb, would general things like installing games, accesing data, unzipping files etc etc all be quicker on the Quad ?

My mobo does also support 1333Fsb, would general things like installing games, accesing data, unzipping files etc etc all be quicker on the Quad ?

installing games, no that's up to your hard drive speed....Unzipping and zipping files, yes.

I new that :D.

can't afford better memory ... well ive got 45 Mins left on PS3 auction and its at £380 i also have another £40

Im SELLING the PS3. :D.... thats why i sold it... to get all this.

Anyway... back on topic please :)

Between the E6850 and Q6600, it's pretty much a very easy choice. The Q6600 is the same price, and sometimes cheaper than an E6850. So why not?...it has 2 more cores, and 4 more megabytes of L2 cache. And the Q6600 will last you more in the long run. And even as ReverseFluxx said before, it's not like the Q6600 will be rendered useless. It can get the job done.

The reason to get an E6850, is if you're trying to break some overclocking records, since it has a high multiplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom