PSU calculator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a nice looking PSU.

I'm just trying to figure out what the minimum power requirement will be.

And to whoever it was that asked, I'm getting an AMD because that's what I am used to running, the comparable price Intel CPU runs slower than the AMD CPU at the same price, according to Tom's CPU charts, so even though Intel puts out faster chips right now, I only compare the price and not the similar model if that makes sense. IMO the only real way to compare is by price, unless you want something more powerful than the most expensive AMD CPU. I don't usually over clock so it doesn't really matter as far as that goes.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I ended up getting three Cooler Master 600w PSU, I couldn't pass it up since it was basically free. I got three 600w PSU's for $17 after rebates :)

I will test one out and if it works well I will either keep one for a back up and sell one or just sell two of them.

i consider slight overkill to be futureproofing. Whos know what ill add on later better to get something capable then having to upgrade again, i want it to last a good while.

As for the other guy... depends what he wants it for, what his setup will be. "more then enough".. for what? you dont even know what hes got.

:)

like it matters.. that PSU has so much amperage on that one rail, its enough to take 2 Ultras, a heavy OC'ed quad-core, loads of HD's etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom