a possible build, plz critique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
My budget is about 1000 USD. I've never built a computer myself before, but I have been reading a lot of what you all had to say in other threads and I think this seems like an OK build but I just wanted to check it with you guys and get your opinions. This build has to last me through the rest of school with minimal upgrades. Also, I would like to overclock this. Lemme know if it is any good, plz

Processor- Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail 186.00

Graphics- Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail 289.99 (-20)

Motherboard- Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail 99.99

RAM- Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail 109.99

Case- Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail 49.99

Power- Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Retail 54.99

Monitor- Newegg.com - ViewSonic Optiquest Series Q19wb Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail 189.99 (-40)

HDD- I don't know yet. What is this whole perpendicular recording thing?

i dont think the perpendicular thing matters, just choose the once which connects to a sata cable, and how big of a space u want. thats a good build, but if u wanna save some money, go with a e6320 and overclock that bad boy with an artic frezeer 7. also if u have the money, consider a bigger monitor.

He won't need a bigger monitor. It fits the budget fine. And the 320 is well suited for that size of a monitor.

I'd suggest this, for a hard drive:
Seagate 7200.10 320GB 16mb cache
It's one of the faster 7200rpm hard drives, out there.

clap clap clap the perfect build... question tho... whats with ppl recommending RoseWill 550 W PSU's what happened to Fortron's and Xclios?

clap clap clap the perfect build... question tho... whats with ppl recommending RoseWill 550 W PSU's what happened to Fortron's and Xclios?

The Xclio 450BL are out of production now and they use to be the best 450w PSU for the money ($38)

I like the Xclio Goodpower as well becuase it's actually a very good PSU but the RP550 for only 5 bucks more has more amps and 50 more watts. The Rosewill RP550 is in no way a top Tier PSU becuase of it's rather low efficiency and lack of PFC. It also doesn't have any cable sleeving either. However the rails are incredibly rock solid and comparable to Top Tier PSU's and thats what Is one of the most important things, this is why its recommended. I really don't recommend the RP550 that much really but in no way is it a bad PSU either.

Back to the other question on what CPU cooler. For that build an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 will do just fine.

Yeah arctic freezer pro is definately the best cooler for the money. oh, and don't get an antec smartpower.

should I switch my psu to like a thermaltake or antec? I would go corsair but they are a bit pricey... like this one or not enough power?

Newegg.com - THERMALTAKE TR2 500W Power Supply ATX12V V2.0 - Retail

should i also get better case fans? or any other fans other than just the arctic freezer 7?

Why did you switch to a Thermaltake? The Rosewill RP550w was a good choice.

The case you picked, has enough fans, to cool sufficiently. But getting better or more fans, won't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom