Overclocking geforce 8 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a customer service rep tell me this personally. Both my 680i mobo and my GTX are covered from OC'ing damage as long as it is returned in the same physical state as I received it in. They dont care if you put an aftermarket cooler on either as long as when you send it back, it has the stock cooler on it. Its all just one more reason why I love EVGA
don't they void the warranty if you put mx-2 on your gpu?

I had a customer service rep tell me this personally. Both my 680i mobo and my GTX are covered from OC'ing damage as long as it is returned in the same physical state as I received it in. They dont care if you put an aftermarket cooler on either as long as when you send it back, it has the stock cooler on it. Its all just one more reason why I love EVGA

That makes me happy, I may consider a nice cooler now.

u should oc for sure man the crysis multiplayer demo runs way better with my q6600 g0 at 3.2ghz im happy i swapped my b3 fo a g0 coz i can get higher than 3.2 now but i just got it so im using it a bit first b4 i push it more

I can really notice the difference of my overclock on my q6600 g0. Once its at 3.2 i can say i highly noticed the difference in crysis.

I just dont like doing stuff unless I know everything about it ( can never find a good resource for overclocking with my mobo ). Is it possible to overclock to 2.7 ghz without changing the voltage or anything?

Heh reread my post duder, yer running basically the identical set up as me. You can easily run at 3.1 on stock voltage if that is a concern.

Heh reread my post duder, yer running basically the identical set up as me. You can easily run at 3.1 on stock voltage if that is a concern.

what kind of temps are you getting? I need more comprehensive overclocking help :p all I know how to do is change the fsb, are the multipliers always locked for non xtreme intel chips?

Set fsb voltage to +1
Set cpu voltage to 1.35V
Set memory voltaget to .2+
Set pci-e voltaget to .1+
Set memory timings to auto and 2.0 on the divider
Set FSB to 400
boot, watch temps, adjust accordingly

Right now playing pretty much every game, im not going over 50C but then again both of the betas i'm playing are multithreaded and not pushing any core over 50%.

Oh ya, its also usually under 70 degrees in my apt due to the weather finally cooling off.

jeeze... that is amazing... do they think they would cover volt mod deaths too? there won't be any physical burning... (i hope?) I guess I'll call and confirm that myself, jeeze that is quite amazing... EVGA wins my vote twice now

Set fsb voltage to +1
Set cpu voltage to 1.35V
Set memory voltaget to .2+
Set pci-e voltaget to .1+
Set memory timings to auto and 2.0 on the divider
Set FSB to 400
boot, watch temps, adjust accordingly

Right now playing pretty much every game, im not going over 50C but then again both of the betas i'm playing are multithreaded and not pushing any core over 50%.

Oh ya, its also usually under 70 degrees in my apt due to the weather finally cooling off.

what about just OCing to 2.7 ghz so i dont have to touch any of the CPU voltage? Also are you sure you increase teh PCI-E voltage? Ive never heard of that before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom