Ordering build today! Final check...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyf

Daemon Poster
Okay, I was going to finish ordering today! Woo! heres the final list. Any glaring problems?

-Antec 900

-NEC AD7170S Serial ATA 18x18 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - OEM

-1 x Scythe S-FLEX 120mm Fan (1600 RPM, SFF21F)
ACUTALLY, THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK OF THIS ONE! Would the 1200rpm be OK for use with the TRU120E (below). I was thinking 1600 would be better, with the fan controller below, but whaddyou think?

-Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail

-1.44Mb Sony Black Floppy Disk Drive OEM

-EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (320-P2-E811-AR)

-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB ST3320620AS SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM
Just the one. Will that be enough? I could always get another one when I get some more cash!

-Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse - Retail
Little suspicious on spending more than this on a mouse- although the old ps2 rollerball is really getting trying, so optical of good build quality is a must

-Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound

-Zalman ZM-MFC2 Multi Fan Controller
Hey, Why not, I say

unrelated:
-Netgear WG511 54Mbps Wireless PCMCIA Network Adapter
Not part of the build, I just though I'd put it in to make sure no one has had any particularly traumatic experiences using one!

Already bought:
-Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler (Socket AM2/LGA775)

-Corsair HX 520W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CMPSU-520HXUK)

-Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

-Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz Dual Channel Kit (BL2KIT12864AA804)

Closing remarks:
No GPU cooler. How necessary (given the TRU120E wont let me put a side fan on the Antec)? I'd get that later anyway but was thinking TR HR-03 PLUS with a 92mm fan.

How does that look? Much Thanks, everyone, for all the help!

By jove! you are right. I was going to stick with the 320, (was thinking of buying two eventually, and I like symmetry :p), but yeah, the 500 is a good idea since its on offer.

Cheers for the offer on the wireless card, it'd be ideal, since I'm in the oxford area as well, but its for my girlfriend, and she wants only a netgear to go with her netgear router. Prolly a good thing - if everythings netgear, maybe she can go there for all computer related support and not to me (I know bugger all about networks anyway)!

Right! done!

Prepare for a multitude of noobish 'which plug goes where?' questions!

andy is your GF a gamer or something? christ how rare is that! haha good build though

EDIT i just red what you said agian, is it just the wireless thingy thats hers, is that what you meant?

The P5K deluxe manual isn't half bad for figuring things out. I wouldn't worry. Good build! Looks similar to mine! Consider modding your case?. this is what I did to mine... http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/rate-wire-management-above-you-150446/index25.html

Check out some others on that thread as well. Some good handiwork if you've got an afternoon free.

Yeah, no, I know where everything goes, but I'm sure there will be many biossy related questions.

Your rig looks great, btw. Might look into it later, I think just put everything together, no overclock, no frills to start with. Just can't wait to do anything and it not taking 20 minutes with the HD chuntering away. Its so much worse as I have a great computer at work, so I notice how dated my old comp is all the more.

andy is your GF a gamer or something? christ how rare is that! haha good build though

lol, no, I think that would put me right off! At least this way at least one of us can still be cool:p. No, shes just setting up wireless at hers, but being 2 hours down the M40, I'm not often there to help out. Hence the 'minimum hassle, maximum compatability' thing.

So the pc is yours but the wireless stuff is what you bought for her to use on her pc? i think ive got it now!

P.s im only up the motorway in Stratford on avon, small world eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom