New PC Freezing. PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I just built a new PC. About half the time I start up the computer freezes. It freezes on the Windows loading page. The blue status bar just freezes. What could be the problem?

Could also be a RAM issue, If you have another PC you could download memtest86 burn to a disc and run that for awhile to see if the RAM is bad..

Also, what power supply do you have, if the power supply is too weak or unstable then that could also cause it.

It is a new install of Windows on a new HDD. I am pretty sure the ram is fine and I am running an Ultra X-Finity 500W SLI certified.
CPU: AMD AM2 X2 3800+
Mobo: Gigabyte sometihng
Ram: Corsair XMS 2GB DDr2 667
Video Card: Gigabyte Silent 7600GT
Sound: X-fi Fatality

Should I repair the Windows installation?

How do you KNOW the RAM is Fine, Do you have some Ability to see into a component and know if its bad?
Run memtest86, bottom lined it for ya.

That power supply should be sufficent, if you have a DMM you should test the Voltage and amperage comming out of it.

I ran Memtest for about 20 minutes and everything was fine. I am aware that that is not very long of a test, but....
One more thing: the ethernet controller has a yellow quesiton mark in Device Manager. I keep installing the motherboard drivers, which include the ethernet drivers, and still nothing. What does this mean, that I have a bad install of WIndows?

Memtest Needs to be run for hours for accurate results, but it appears your impatient, so Im not even going to ask.

A yellow question mark?

Double Click on the Device and it will say it there a problem with it or it doesn't have the appropriate drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom