New info/upates on AMD quads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Some interesting reading regarding the upcoming AMD quads.

AMD's Barcelona architecture - July update
Elite *******s - AMD's Barcelona architecture - July update << filter edits website address

Phenom 3.0 demo surrounded by FUD
Phenom 3.0 demo surrounded by FUD << some straight shooting that shoots down several rumors

And some good news for AMD:
TG Daily - AMD regains x86 processor market share

the filtered part rhymes with mastards :) and starts with a B :)

but good news, its so hard deciding on this guy or Yorkfield

Yeah, that's why I use TinyURL Creator to make the link.

The more I read about 'em, the better they sound. We'll see soon enough.

Yeah, that's why I use TinyURL Creator to make the link.

The more I read about 'em, the better they sound. We'll see soon enough.

safe bet ur picking up an DAM? i think ur a fanboy.. not sure tho... but for u guys its easy, ur builds will be like at the end of the year, and most of u will get AMD because its gonna be cheap, and Intel will only have their Extreme Editions, whilst I have no clue when i'm getting a new build... man i can't handle this system anymore... i feel so cramped with this stupid limiting factor of a computer!!

I seriously doubt that I will be upgrading any time soon. When I do, I will probably go with AMD, true.

I am looking forward to AMD quads they will fold like a demon and they will be much cheaper than the Intel quads.

My next build will feature a AMD dule core but the build after that will feature a AMD quad. I am hoping that they are affordable on a tight budget because I hope to be building rigs to sell soon so I am looking to build a comp to sell at every performance level.

$330 = £165 or as close as makes no difference.

The Intel Quads are around the £200 mark so are the high end Dule cores, So when they come out unless you are a Intel fanboy you will make the choice and go AMD for the price.

Also I just found this on the PC world web sight (the Shop not the magazine) and a INTEL - CORE 2 EXTREME X6800 costs £604.99. Way to overpriced.
Source.

dule = dual
sight = site

But we have the 1333 fsb cpus which are cheaper per GHz than the traditional ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom