New Computer Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belowzero78

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

I have a budget of $1500 for a gaming rig that can play the latest games on high/highest settings. This is the first time I will be building a machine and i need alot of input as I've never really done this process before. Could anyone come up with the best possible system as per the budget for newegg.ca?

Parts to consider: 1) Core i7 processor 2) Nvidia GTX 465 possible? 2) Nice chassis with an open window as well as blue LED fans!

Thanks, to everyone who contributed.

thanks Sean.W yeah i guess i went overboard with the ram cooler, it just looks so awsome and he said e wants blue LED's. the zalman was the only CPU cooler i could think of at the time. Thanks for the corrections. :)

Wow, thanks alot guys. I was just looking at the GPU, is there anything Nvidia you guys would recommend? I haven't really used alot of ATi cards and I've heard they break pretty quickly. Is the Antec 900 case really common lol?

The Monitor i will get later, just $1500 for the gaming rig is correct Muffin Man. I've been told that the LED backlit screens are much better than the traditional LCD, is this true? Whats your guy's recommendations for a 24 inch LED LCD monitor? One of the salespeople sold me on this BenQ 24inch LED.

you got it alive ;)

and if i were to go with Nivida graphics, i would either go with the 470 or 480... wouldnt even consider anything else. and idk where you heard that radeon cards die quickly, that just isnt true. i have a 5870 and i couldnt imagine going with anything else, except a 5970.

and as far as youur question about monitors, watch this video

YouTube - Advantages of LED Back-Lit Display (NCIX Tech Tips #74)

as far as a reccoemendation for a monitor, i would do anything samsung... cant go wrong, they are the best of the best

and finally, to be honest, id wait to see what Muffin man comes up with... hes the king of doing builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom