New build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

encity5

Baseband Member
Hey guys, about a year ago or more, i was planning to build my own computer for video editing, and some gaming use. I never got to building one as the need wasn't there and prices were quickly falling. Now a lot has changed, many new processors and price drops,and my need for a new editing system is increasing. I wanted to keep my budget around 800 dollars. I plan to build a completely new system from scratch (i dont have a desktop to take parts from) i have the monitor keyboard and mouse, i just need the tower and pc components. I should be able to get hands on an XP cd so i wouldnt need that either.
My question is can anyone help recommend a build to me around this price point? i looked at some of the stickies, but all seems overwhelming to what i have been use to.
Just for reference i have my old wishlist build from a year ago (Outdated deffinetly) https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...sp?WishListNumber=4663414&WishListTitle=Build

I Would like to keep the tower. i know the graphics card/cpu should change, im not sure what ram is recommended nowadays.

Also as i think my gaming needs arent as neccessary anymore, i might want to consider a workstation card, but im nearly clueless in those areas. Mainly i will be running Adobe production suite of applications, and handling video files. Hopefully i would like the new build to handle Highdef video formats for editing. Not sure how much i can get with my 800 budget but i would like to see a build around this point so i can use it as reference to what current prices are and recommended computer parts. Thanks!
hope this wasnt to much to read/ask. heh

The wishlist you linked to is actually not that outdated. It would actually be a great gaming computer for a new build today! The only things I would change are the CPU to a q6600 and the ram to 4gb of OCZ Reapers.

Oh wait, that's the 320 mb 8800gts. Go to the 512mb and you're done!

Thanks!
well i updated the build a little bit
im a little unsure about the motherboard really, i Think my powersupply is good enough to handle the system (from a relatively reliable brand i believe)
I chose this ram, because the ram recommended on this thread seemed a little pricey, im not really looking to overclock my system btw.
i think right now i still need a dvd drive, and maybe look for alternatives parts to shave off a few dollars.
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...Number=6320265&WishListTitle=2008+april+build
Thanks for the help!

thats a pretty good build proto, if he isn't ocing though i would recommend just getting some value ram...maybe mushkin or kingston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom