Need Advice on Gaming Build < $1400

Status
Not open for further replies.

foskey

Baseband Member
I have a wish list set up on Newegg than can be viewed right here:

Wish list details

- I Created a custom computer for about $750 5 years ago (2.4ghz, 1gb ram, 9600xt), I want to pretty much buy a whole new system for under $1400 that will last me a while since this system is pretty much biting the dust.

- The game I play is World of Warcraft, and I want to maximize graphics so that there is no fps loss and in case any new game may come out I will have little or no problem handling it. (I run at 5-30 fps with my current computer)

Pretty much the questions I have are:

My friends said the graphics I'm setting up is steep for WoW, is it too much or should it be ok if anything new is coming out later on?

I don't know much about choosing different types of motherboards, processors, or ram. The sockets for the mobo and processor should be correct and the type of ram (Wouldn't mind you guys checking to make sure :p). Are the ram, mobo, and processor on my list the best I can get for that price?

The computer case has 3 fans built in + the 600w power supply. Will the system be stressed with what I have set up? I necessarily don't keep my computer on at night.

Last but not least, this is a system I am building from scratch using nothing from my old computer. Is there anything I am missing (I have Windows XP), or anything you would suggest?

I appreciate any feedback, it's a big purchase for me and even though it isn't going to be a top of the line PC (for what I'm playing), I would like to have the ability to upgrade my system easily in case anything may happen in the future. Thanks!

WTF? a 7950 for 240? Why not just get a geforce 8800 GTS 320mb for 300...like more then 2x the power for only 60 bucks more...

When i was setting up my list I was going to put down 2x 7950GT's that were 256mb but then i saw the 512mb for 60 bucks more I said what the heck..

It's just that right now that would be over my limit and if I were to get something like an 8800GTS I would buy one and save to SLI later on since of my budget at the moment

When i was setting up my list I was going to put down 2x 7950GT's that were 256mb but then i saw the 512mb for 60 bucks more I said what the heck..

It's just that right now that would be over my limit and if I were to get something like an 8800GTS I would buy one and save to SLI later on since of my budget at the moment

60 bucks aint much more, just save up or mow a couple of lawns, a geforce 8 will be well worth it down the line with dx 10 and u can play crysis reasonably well :p

I agree with Gabb, on saving the for 8800GTS. It's not that far away from the 7950GT in terms of price, but it's far better than the 7950GT.

Also I'm not sure if XION is a good company of PSUs. Go for either a Corsair 520HX or a Rosewill RP550.

Um....Why are you going for socket 939? It's becoming outdated. Go for either socket AM2 for AMD or 775 from Intel.

Actually for around $1400, I would suggest:
Case - Antec 900
Motherboard - MSI P6N SLI-FI
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or Q6600($270 on July 22)
RAM - G.SKILL 2GB HZs
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX
Power supply - Cosair 520HX
Hard drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD-RW+/- Burner
Optional aftermarket CPU cooling - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

$1,421.82

what b1gapl said but u dont need the lsi board. cuk that and get a gigabyte ds3 or sumthin similar. save money where ever u can for these things u dun need since they will give u no more performance.

yeah i figured. i have the same prob but theres really no good boards that rnt sli and are relativley new/ look good lol

If your sole purpose is to game with this build, don't skimp on your video card... Put your money into that so you don't have to later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom