My New Rig!!! *52k Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
HI all, ive had this rig for a while and its about time to make a thread on it.

Thanks to KMAN, I got the graphics

copyof43630010nw6.jpg

CPU

copyof43630012yb4.jpg

HSF

copyof43630013tj2.jpg

I then got all the rest of the components two days later.

GENERAL STUFF

43630009wj7.jpg

43630010mn5.jpg

Antec 900

43630012ip3.jpg

PC Power & Cooling 610W

43630014qj3.jpg

MSI P35 Platinum

436300161rh8.jpg

Corsair XMS2

43630022wv8.jpg

Samsung Spinpoint 500GB

43630024iq7.jpg

My thoughts on the system:

Its really good. The weak point is the graphics, which is the reason why I am selling it for such a low price. It is really quiet actually. Im planning a wire management mod on Saturday. Ill post new pics then. The cpu has done well and is really quick- it has gone to 3.3 for benching, but it runs really cool and stable at 3.1.

The mobo is really good, and the looks and cooling are excellent. It is widely overlooked, I think. It maxes out at 471FSB, but im fine running at 3.1GHz anyway. I plan to get an e6700 in my future, so I should be seeing some 3.4/3.6GHz clocks on this board hopefully.

Not bad dood.

I have that same case for when I can afford to put a computer in it.

I was planning on getting that same power supply (may change when I build in April), and I've heard of people complaining that the cables weren't long enough for other power supplies in that case.

Did you have any problems with cable length?

No none at all. You will be fine.

Infact, I would reccomend that you cut holes in the mobo tray so you can route wires behind for a cleaner look.

I have the same case and had to run my hx520 under the video cards over the board. FWIW, they make extensions if you want to go behind the board.

great pc mate ;)

1 thing, it kinda takes over your desk.. are there any other places you could put it (aslong as theres good cooling there). Personally i would want my monitor to be in the middle of my desk right infront of me, more comfortable that way. i had a mate that played with his screen to the side.. after few weeks he had to change this setup cos it was giving him a crock neck :D

maybe if you face the table towards the right wall.. have the tower horizontal behind your screen.

i know its got a top exhaust is there a back exhaust fan?

looks great!

You upgrading to a 3850? I managed to pick a 512mb one off ebuyer for 115 shipped...but they've just upped the price 10 quid :p

Yes, I know what you mean, but my room is really cramped. You cant see it on that pic, but there is nowhere else for it at all. I had to turn off my rear exhause, it was causing too much turbulance against the wardrobe, you could hear it in the next room. Also, I found out that my AF7 was constantly running on 100%, so i changed it to 50%. With these two changes, the PC is now really quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom