My grand spanking new build

danhodge

In Runtime
Figured it's time to go for a new build, seeing as mine has run into a plethora of issues (some have been discussed on site to no avail). Also i got a pretty old CPU at the time and i'm paying for that now :(
I have a general idea of a build, but i'd love it if someone could fill in the blanks for me, and tell me i'm being an idiot with certain parts if needs be :')

I would say max budget is £1000, but i'm a student who wants to save as much money as possible, so please keep that considered :)
And i won't be overclocking anything so no need for cooling, and i get windows with my uni (I know right, someone acquiring windows legally? Who knew!).

Motherboard: Certainly not set on this, due to 0 knowledge on motherboards. Cheaper would be nice if the quality is still there Asus H170-PLUS Motherboard (Socket 1151, DDR4, S-ATA 600, Micro ATX, PCI Express 3.0)

CPU: Pretty bog standard, I just don't want this to be too outdated within 2 years this time Intel Core Skylake Processor i5-6500/3.2 GHz

GPU: I'm guessing this is a good pickup right now, only worry is that it's cheaper than a few other top selling 1070 cards Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Storage: I have a 1tb hard drive and a 500gb hard drive, but I'm thinking i should finally join the SSD master race. I'm looking at this but I really have no idea: Samsung 750 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive

RAM: I already 8gb (2 sticks of 4gb) Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600mhz ram already. Should i get 2 more sticks to get to 16GB, or is it worth me buying an entirely new set of 16GB ram?

PSU: Probably going to Reuse my 600w Corsair power supply that i bought 4 years ago unless someone persuades me otherwise (still uncertain)

Tower: Any suggestions for a sub £60 tower that can house all this, has a boring non-flashy/cheap design, and just generally holds up? Aesthetics don't bother me too much

Thanks a lot for the help,
Danny

For motherboard can go H110 honestly if you don't plan to OC.

Since you're not based in the US I'm going to assume eVGA support isn't as good as it would be here. Still prefer their cards but if the Zotac fits in your budget then that's fine.

SSD is fine.

RAM you'll need new RAM. 16GB of DDR2133-2400 whatever is cheapest. I suggest 2x8GB.

Tower, idk Corsair 200r.

Would I be making a mistake going for a 1060? The saving would be pretty useful, I don't need to max everything out, i just want my build to be future proof. And that's £150 cheaper :confused:

Looks like a fun machine. I have had zero luck with Zotac vid cards. I am talking 5 out of 5 video cards up in smoke. I am pretty sure I just got unlucky (hopefully). The savings were not that much either.

Oh, that's good to know, I think i'm gonna scale down to a 1060 and with that i'll be going Asus, so it's a brand i trust a bit more :)

Oh, I'd always thought Asus were a high quality brand. Their mobos are good right?
And I think I'll just go EVGA to be safe then :)

Back
Top Bottom