++ My Bottle Neck? ++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering what my bottle neck is? I still feel like im not getting the performance I was expecting, Maybe its just me, but please I need some help!

- My specs.

AMD 3200+ CPU - Zalman-7700 Fan
eVga 7900gt KO Video Card - Zalman VF900 Fan
x2 1gb G.Skill Ram 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (Timing 2.5-3-3-6)
Samsung HDD 250gb 7200rpm
Abit Kn8 Motherboard
Windows Xp Pro.

Ps. I dont know how to overclock or vmod anything so Im just going to stick with stock settings. Also would my CPU really make that big of a difference in performance? Will it make or break my system? What can I do to get better performance if any?

No I did not post a thread like this a few days ago.

The games I am playing is Battlefield 2, World of warcraft, Dark Messiah Demo.

In BF2 and Dark Messiah it seems to lag it certain areas? (Gets real choppy for a good 5-10 seconds then goes back to normal?)

Ive always imaged to have a system like this and run every game flawlessly?

It could just be me though...

lol i was thinking the same thing dajavu...ne way... Saint71 was having same problem and he had same cpu...so common sense would tell me cpu... but i could be wrong...

are you maxing out resolution, detail, and eyecandy? because i'm pretty sure that system won't handle that.

dark messiah demo... i laugh at, that game is maxed out easily... but bf2, now that may give you some problems, i still get occassional hickups in that game at full quality, only for a second though.. i can't really understand why it would be doing that... dark messiah runs off of source.. so i would imagine it would run as gravy like as cs... but then again, its a demo, could be crappily optimized, and now that i think about it, there was one part where it lagged out a bit.. at the stairs at the very end of the demo, where you fall down... it paused up a bit on me, is that where you froze up?

and as for bf2... if your maxing that out... that could be why, with the 7900gt i would suggest 2xAA, High Filerter, and maybe 80-90 view distance.. or if the view distance is important 2xaa medium filtering, and 100 distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom