Media PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with the i5, the i3 has a built in GPU which you won't need if you're going to get an AMD 5770 or any other gaming GPU. The 5770 should be plenty for 1920x1080 gaming with no AA, it might even be able to do slight AA. My 5870 is several steps up but it can do 2x AA across 3 1920x1080 monitors in Eyefinity no problem. Also the 5770 has HDMI with audio built in so if you want to send sound over HDMI it works perfectly. Since you already bought speakers this probably doesn't matter but sound through the TV is always an option.

I'd go with the i5, the i3 has a built in GPU which you won't need if you're going to get an AMD 5770 or any other gaming GPU. The 5770 should be plenty for 1920x1080 gaming with no AA, it might even be able to do slight AA. My 5870 is several steps up but it can do 2x AA across 3 1920x1080 monitors in Eyefinity no problem. Also the 5770 has HDMI with audio built in so if you want to send sound over HDMI it works perfectly. Since you already bought speakers this probably doesn't matter but sound through the TV is always an option.

Thanks for that info on the 5770, I noticed it was like number 16 of all graphics cards on the list here at the forums.....great list by the way, fantastic info there :thumbsup:

I do want my video card to have HDMI for sure.....the monitor that I snagged also has an HDMI on it. You cant have too many HDMI connections......LOL

I am leaning toward the i5 Quad core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom