Looking for help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexterfan101

Beta member
Hello, I am trying to buy a new computer. The site i am going off of is Cyberpowerpc.com They have some very sweet looking computers and powerful computers! I can buy one for 200 bucks cheaper then i had bought my current one and it is almost 3 times stronger. I was going through customizing the few things that i had wanted done with it and then near the end i came across some thing that i didn't quiet understand. I had an option for a Hard Drive space and a Data Hard Drive space... I am not sure what the difference is (if any) or if i should make one stronger then the other... I wanted to make my hard drive space 1 Terra byte would would be AMAZING compared to my 120 Gig crap that i got now... So my question is this... What are some of the things i should be wanting in my new computer and is there a difference between these two different hard drives? and if so do i want one stronger (faster) then the other?? Please respond... I can be reached at Dexterfan101 AT hotmail DOT com and my AIM SN is Gamefrek72... Thank you for all your help and time... good day :D

The Data Hard Drive would be used for files you save, as in, downloads, songs, video's, etc... This drive doesn't need to be super fast as much as you would want it to be large (like a 1TB). And you would want the Main Drive to be a smaller, faster drive for the Operating System and the Actual Programs you use frequently.

Welcome to the forum dexterfan. When posting on an open forum it is well worth breaking up your email so that it is humanly readable but spam bots cannot get at it.
You can normally configure where applications are installed etc. either on an application by application basis or by changing an environment variable.

Thank you Slayer... i would like to speak with you further so i can make the best possible gaming computer... i know I don't need much, but i'd like to run games like Spore and Diablo 3 flawlessly.... and you seem to know your computers... i just need to know a few things, perhaps what isn't needed as well... please respond. My E-mail is Dexterfan101@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom