Intel Pentium 830(D) or 630?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjianchris

In Runtime
Is the new dual core 830 much better than than the HT 630? Just wondering if I should go the extra few bucks to get the D. Are the Pentium D lines, pentium 4's, or are they completely different? Sorry, I just don't know the full details behind this. Any help would be great.
Chris

Completely different due to the Pentium-Ds having 2 cores in one.

The Pentium-Ds are better for multitasking, thats all. You simply have the power of two processors at hand, instead of one.

At the moment, there is NO REASON to go with the Pentium-Ds over the AMD Athlon 64 X2s. The X2s beat the Pentium-Ds in ALL tasks, including video editing and encoding.

It's just that the cheapest dual core amd i could find was like over $500. And I was planning on going a 3ghz, and the 3ghz in the Pentium D line is like $420. I dont really want to spend over $500 on a cpu.

Skip the Intel, Go with the AMD. If your buying for gaming, don't waste your money on the Dual core anything! (AMD or Intel)Unless you plan on using quickbooks at the same time you are playing BF2! Dual core will not improve single program use.

I dont know why, but i've always had something against amd. Dont yell at me, haha, I dont know why though. I wouldn't be always be playing games.

get the duel core - you need to go with new technology. soon software will be created to utilize both cores and those cpu's will have better performance than the old HT's. and yes AMD would be better.

lol yea the intel duelcores rae sota stuffed this might be wrong but the info i read was that intel rushed the development stage and got their duelcores out quick but that meant that they are passing the info from 1 core through the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom