Hey B1gapl And All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
I was wondering, I still keep contemplating this Intel build. I really want the best I can for under 1k including OS tax and shipping to 92879. The reason I named B1gapl is because he made some recommendations before. not to take any favorites. So all help is appreciated. I want to Use the recommended p35 Mobo. And I want at least the e6320 CDC. So if you all could help me gather All the parts.
1. Case = preferabley with good cooling
2. Mobo = pref. p35
3. P/S = enough to handle upgrade for quad core later
4. Proc.= e6320 or better (CDC
5. DVD = any with lightscribe technology.
6. HD = 250gb+ 16mb cache
7. Proc cooler = recommendations?
8. RAM = 2gb more if possible.
any other parts I would need to make this system complete.
would like these to be all compatible. I realize I am asking this to be overclocked stabily and run some of the higher end games. I would like to have the Vista OS as well. Since my wife saw it she said this may be required. LOL. Thanks to any and all help. Hope I am not asking too much but I have been getting too overwhelmed and starting to get frustrated. Hope you can help me. Oh I have a newegg account so I am just gonna charge the crap out of it haha( so would like to get all the items there).. Enjoy now Pray later.. err pay.. Thanks again.

The gigabyte Ds3r is a good Non SLI mobo IMO.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I have seen people with these Hitachi hard drives. they are big and fast, a little on the pricey side. If its a little much then i have a 250gb Western Digital in my rig that is just great
Newegg.com - HITACHI Deskstar T7K500 HDT725050VLA360 (0A33437) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

as for cpu cooler go with the Tuniq tower its the best around at the moment
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

The gigabyte Ds3r is a good Non SLI mobo IMO.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I have seen people with these Hitachi hard drives. they are big and fast, a little on the pricey side. If its a little much then i have a 250gb Western Digital in my rig that is just great
Newegg.com - HITACHI Deskstar T7K500 HDT725050VLA360 (0A33437) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

as for cpu cooler go with the Tuniq tower its the best around at the moment
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Heres one of my list for C2D builds, under $1k, adjusted to your criteria:

Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5 or Cooler Master Centurion 534
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6320
RAM - 2 x 1GB G. Skill NQs
Graphics - Sapphire X1950XT 256MB(Only $150 after rebate.)
Power Supply - Rosewill RP550 550W
Hard drive - Western Digital 250GB 16mb cache
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
OS - Windows Vista Home Premium

With tax and shipping, it's $987.27...

I agree with what zmatt, said about going XP Pro. You can even save more by just going XP Home, and then upgrade to Vista, later on.

Heres one of my list for C2D builds, under $1k, adjusted to your criteria:

Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5 or Cooler Master Centurion 534
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6320
RAM - 2 x 1GB G. Skill NQs
Graphics - Sapphire X1950XT 256MB(Only $150 after rebate.)
Power Supply - Rosewill RP550 550W
Hard drive - Western Digital 160GB 16mb cache
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner

With tax and shipping, it's $991.99...

I agree with what zmatt, said about going XP Pro. You can even save more by just going XP Home, and then upgrade to Vista, later on.

nice build.... i think xp home is pretty good.. plus there are some free downloads on microsofts website that makes it similar to pro, like remote desktop connection....

Fixed some links, I noticed he wanted a 250gb hard drive, and I put in a 160gb hard drive. Now the total with tax and shipping is $987.27...

If he was to go with XP Home, the total with tax and shipping, would be $963.67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom