HD 4870 vs. gtx 260 core 216

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Which is better. In the graphics card ranking thread, the 4870 is placed right above the 260. Is that the 260 and core 216, or just one of them? I was looking at the core clocks, and the 4870 was like 750 while the 260 was like 575 or something. The 280, while being more expensive than either, was only like 650, so that can't be the right thing to base it off of.

It looks like the 4870 is like 30 or 40 more, so what has the better bang for the buck? I'm not going to be buying now, but I'm curious.

Both have similar performance, get whichever brand you like better or whichever is the cheapest

Neither is a bad choice

evga has a core 216 that's $250 and you get far cry 2 free when you register it...so i think that's the best bang for your buck :]

They'll probably still be giving that game out in 2 months, right?

Well, I was looking on tigerdirect a month ago, and some cards came with cod4, and others came with assassin's creed, so if they had games that old, why not keep farcry around a little while? I can't think of a better game they could give out. What is really coming out between now and then?

i dont know. they will keep it around for a while. shoot there are a couple of 9800gt's that still come with cod4. when i bought my xfx 9800gtx it came with company of heroes. and i bought that around mid august.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom