Great Mini or Small Heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaestro

Baseband Member
I'd like advice on the best heatsink that is also not TOO big in size. I don't want anything that's as big as the Thermalright Ultra 120 or Tuniq Tower. I'm looking for something that's maybe half the size, but almost as effective. Any suggestions?

Let's stick with AIR CPU coolers.

a comment on the hybrid cooler
Cons: BIG BIG its big, it fit though with relative ease, i had to take my video card out and power supply out to get the thing in but thats no bigge.

Check out the thermalright ultima-90 or that butterfly cooler. Both got really good reviews and are quite a bit smaller.

Check out the thermalright ultima-90 or that butterfly cooler. Both got really good reviews and are quite a bit smaller.

Has anyone had a chance to try out the TR Ultima 90? Is it effective, or just the ******* step-child of the TRU 120 Extreme?

i would read it but i got bball practice like, now, so how does it compare to the tuniq, how much shorter is it? i think the tuniq is 155mm

BTW, I just wanted to say that I replaced my TRUE 120 with a TR Ultra 90i. It works like a charm. It's smaller than the TRUE. Also, the mounting system is better, so you can remove and reseat the heatsink easily without removing the MoBo. Cool. I lapped it and the heatsink. I lowered my CPU temps by 8C-9C at idle from what I was getting on a non-lapped TRUE 120. Hard to say what my temps would have been if the TRU 90i was not lapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom