Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus that ATi has a higher chance of winning there...

plus you can't do the same thing with Vantage because nVidia rigged their drivers to work better than AMD on purpose

It would be interesting to have next to each card, at least the one released in the last two to three years, the average percent the card is better than the pervious one and then the average percent price Difference.

So seeing as though this list is from best to worst reguardless of the actual difference in performence the best card would still be at the top, but lets use the GTX 280 as an example the entry (Using toms hardware charts: Performance Recap - Tom's Hardware : Nvidia GeForce GTX 260/280 Review) Using the smaller moniter reference graph..

The Entry would look something like this.
GTX 280 [Performance: 4.09% Price: +45.88%]
9800GX2

So one could look at this and see, oh,ok, the GTX 280 is on average (Through all tests) about 4 % better than a GX2, however, costs an average of (at least using the two cheapest models of both cards from newegg) 46% more than a GX2.

So a GTX280 is better, but at costs a whole heck of alot more.

Could be done for all graphic Cards that we have averaged graphs for..

Sure it would be alot of work, and we would have to use the average price per cards based one one or two websites and we would also have to use graphs in which all the games and settings where averaged together like the example I showed.
But it would be well worth it as one list would tell anyone at a glance, the best card is, the difference in price compared to the one right below it and the difference in performance compared to the card below it.

We should make a price to performance one... that'd be more useful in the General Section though..

that would be great, sometimes to see things visually and in % of prices make your realize how much they overcharge.

Ok heres what I got right now:

8800GS/ 9600GSO
HD 3850
HD 4850
HD 4870
9600GT
HD 3870
8800GT 512mb/256mb
8800GTS G92
9800GTX
HD 3870X2
GTX 260
8800GTX
8800Ultra
9800GX2
GTX 280

Feel free for it to keep on coming.. needs A LOT of work.. (I guess we'll do this the same way I did the Techies Bible, we'll start with a worklog with just ideas.. then I'll create the actual thread and everybody who actually helped gets credit for doing it)

Right now I just factored in the somewhat-current gen cards (Higher end G80's to current)... like I said this is really crappy.. but I'll move this to another thread in a second.. (good thing the move posts thing works ;))

I'm still confused as to why we don't use overclockers.net's list... Other then being able to say "look what I took and slightly rearanged!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom