GeForce 9600 GSO, Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N963-TR GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

It have 24-hour special savings and I'm thinking about getting it.

I have all of the parts needed to build another computer but the GPU.. I am probably going to use this computer as a server.. or just sell it after i build it.

So, Any thoughts on this card?

What could it handle game wise? 48 stream processors doesn't look good.. lol

I think it would be able to play... maybe Crysis on Medium/Low... what do you think?

If your were going to sell the computer then it isn't a bad deal to get that

I had a 9600GT and it did fine, the lack of a shader cluster might not be a great thing but it should do just fine for everyday tasks

I don't know if it's the gso or not, I'm a little out of snuff for the 8800, 9600, and 9800 (some of which are all essentially the same card rebranded), but I thought the gso was like the retarded crippled cousin version of the 9600. I could be very wrong and I'd wait for someone else.

Radeon... no ty :| I'm an Nvidia person myself..

Thanks for tha information.. interesting

Could anyone recommend a 8 or 9 series card for 80$ or less that isnt badly crippled? (i can overclock it if it needs it)

it would just have to handle a game.. such as.. say battlefield 2 well

ahh good ole fan boy ehh?

I was a nVidia guy for a while but just realized that it's best to try each side and take the best deals at the time, like 2 months ago the GTX260 216 was hands down the card I would've bought but now I'm all for the HD 4890

Research amd then. the 4850 is cheaper, and outperforms the 9800GTX+. the 4870 1gb is cheaper and outperforms the gtx260. I too was an nvidia fanboy, and really still am, but I gave ati a shot, and now have a 4850. I've had a couple issues, but nothing big and am quite impressed. Empire total war runs like a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom