Gaming PC from Scratch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpMePlease nao

Solid State Member
Hey guys.. my name is William, im 16 and in need of a new computer (preferably for gaming)
i dont know anything about all this and in need of some advice / help.

im not sure on my budget so a reasonable price would be nice if u recommend something

I've decided to start with a motherboard and work from there. i've come across a nice motherboard its a "ASUS Rampage III Extreme" it would be nice if someone could let me know if its good for gaming and whether i can fit some good gear into it.. on top of that could u please recommend some good graphics cards, cpu's?

im keeping my CD drive.. unless i can find a cheap better one.

thank you all,

the rampage iii extreme is a pretty high end enthusiast board. if this is your first time building a pc, i highly doubt you will have a need for that kind of board, there are plenty of other great boards that costs considerably less that will work for you just fine.

The HD5870 is a greate graphics card for its price and performs like a beast. it is a must buy in my oppinion.
Also, Intel core i7 920 is the way to go interms of cpu unless you want AMD.

the rampage iii extreme is a pretty high end enthusiast board. if this is your first time building a pc, i highly doubt you will have a need for that kind of board, there are plenty of other great boards that costs considerably less that will work for you just fine.
umm ok.. well do u recommend a board that i can start off with? i was only going for that board because its fairly new and i can upgrade the components in it later..

*EDIT*
Your looking to built a system based on a Intel i7 cpu? I'd say your looking at approximately $1500 US if you build it yourself. Check out this link, The animated guide to Building a PC. Learn to build a PC from scratch with PCitYourself!

Do you think you can do this?
yer i can do most of this.. i do know all the components (at least i think i do anyway) so i can identify whats what. and to put it together i loads of people that know how and have built there own but i dont see them for a week or so and i want some advice nao :p

yer i can do most of this.. i do know all the components (at least i think i do anyway) so i can identify whats what. and to put it together i loads of people that know how and have built there own but i dont see them for a week or so and i want some advice nao :p

first of all..

stop saying " nao " :silly:

and secondly, its kind difficult for us to help you with out knowing your budget, even a rough estimate will help us help you. are you going to need a monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers? it takes about $1200 to run any game comfortably and about $1500+ to max out any game for just the computer, not including everything that you need use a computer ( mouse keyboard bla bla ).

first of all..

stop saying " nao " :silly:

and secondly, its kind difficult for us to help you with out knowing your budget, even a rough estimate will help us help you. are you going to need a monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers? it takes about $1200 to run any game comfortably and about $1500+ to max out any game for just the computer, not including everything that you need use a computer ( mouse keyboard bla bla ).
haha sorry about the nao thing.. idk why i said that anywayz.. umm my brudget is probably maxed at 1500.. for all new stuff.. but i can use my CD drive, hard drive, keyboard, mouse, speakers. i mainly want to get a new motherboard, CPU and graphics card (dual vid).. also some more RAM (preferably about 6 gb+)

The CD drive is a Supermulti drive with lightscribe technology.. thats all i can find about it.. :p

haha i was just looking at that motherboard and considering ur suggesting it aswell im get that one.. thanks.. processor looks good i7 which is wat i wanted.. graphics card i would hope is good.. :p its radeon which i've heard is good.. umm rams fine.. and yes ill need a case.. something cheap.. lol

and THANK YOU..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom