G.skill Ram! Which would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racasdorph

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I am currently looking to build myself a new system this December. I am going to be getting Vista 64bit so I would also like to get 4 gigs of ram.

Would it be best to go this route?
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I have heard wonderful things about the HZs, but I would have to get 4 x 1 gig sticks. If i ever want to upgrade higher than 4 gigs of ram im screwed. :confused:

Or would this be a good way to go?
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

It is a 2 x 2 gig set...and would leave me two slots to upgrade later on... the HZs and this set are both at 4-4-4-12.

Are the HZs alot faster than that PK set? Thanks guys!

If you need to know, I will be getting the ASUS Maximus Formula mother board.

I just upgraded to 4 GB and as you can see I went with the 2x2GB configuration.

I took my 6 month old 2x1GB sticks and put them in another comp.

So you know which way I would go on this.

oh man those are bright sticks O_O is there a reason why they are only 30$ cheaper than the HZ for double the ram? 'Cause if not then I'll have to grab those baby blues.

Edit~ Nevermind. Seems I can't get these in canada heh. Unless someone else can find em ^^ Oh well

cuz the HZ has warranty and the PK's don't... i'm guessing this based on its specs... but take the 4gb Kit...

yes. 1-1-1-3 ><
But seriously, everything equal, a module that is 4-4-4-12 can be relaxed to 5-5-5-15 and overclock alot farther than a module that comes with 5-5-5-15 settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom