Final Build, Please critique :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racasdorph

Baseband Member
You keep using the GameXStream.......RIPPLE RIPPLE RIPPLE... a Corsair 520 from Buy.com is cheaper than that GameXStream... and has more amperage on the 12V Rails..

no no on the x38 board.. (edit.. beaten to it..)

agreed with Aspire about the TRUE or Tuniq

overpriced.. cheapest one is 235$ or so.. (i don't remember) and overclocking with a p35 board is around the same...

overpriced.. cheapest one is 235$ or so.. (i don't remember) and overclocking with a p35 board is around the same...

No, the maximus formula kills any other board out there for overclocking, i've spent the last 2 weeks looking up every shred of info pertaining to the maximus formula and the only complaint to be had for this board are idiots who either got a DOA board and curse the world because of it, or are newbs who have no idea what they are doing.

I know two people who just got this board, up from a P5K deluxe @ 3.4Ghz now running stable at 4-4.2ghz. My one friend cranked it to 4.5 ghz and is currently stress testing it.

Yes, they are expensive, but what do you expect? its the striker extremes succesor.

Yes, the chipset is new, yet extremely stable and showing amazing potential.

i realise that most people on site dont recomend the newest, flashiest and inheritly most expensive system, but guys, this is a good board, you should stop bashing it. Yes its outside of most peoples budget, but for people who have no trouble spending that extra dough, hey all the power to you, you wont be dissappointed.

Btw get the SE version, more features, a couple dollars more expensive.

Doesnt the SE version have that waterblock on it? I am not planning to use water cooling, Im ordering a Tuniq Tower :)

And yeah I havent heard anything but great news on this board! cant wait to get it, and use the "Crazy" setting in the bios hahaha :laughing:

ya i don't see whats the deal with this whole horrible x38 deal... i see lots of records being done on xtreme systems with x38 chipsets... until you show me otherwise.. i'm going to disreguard everything i've seen on this forum about the x38

This is the first place I've heard people hating on the x38

The formula maximus is one of the best boards out there at the moment for clocking....right up there with the DFI P35-T2R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom