Everything Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

So1dier

Baseband Member
I'm trying to learn as much as I can about computers but all I have found so far on google is posts more then 2 years old and a lot of information is outdated.

I was wondering, what are the BEST sites to go to if you want to start learning about computers. Like the newest hardware/software coming out, information and benchmarks on all hardware pieces, information about what each piece of hardware actually does, what the most reliable and top brands are, etc.

There is a very nice website for everything about video games called Joystiq (News related). I was hoping there might be something similar on the computer side of things.

I'm pumped to start learning about computers but I just don't know where to start.

Thanks,
-Josh

join forums, im a member of 3 forums,

this one and 2 others, ( not sure if saying which ones will get me in trubble, but they both have the word " overclock " in the web address, google hint )

subscibe to a couple people on youtube, i like 3dgamerman, linus tech tips and NCIX tech tips, and watch all their videos.

spend many hours on newegg

and ask questions ;)

lol, you can say which ones :p

The BEST way to learn about computers is to get ahold of a few with your own hands and take them apart, put them back together, install varying OS's on them, back them up, delete them, recover the data, etc.
Hands on is what I'm getting at. Reading how-tos and manuals will only get you so far.

A good way is to just start trolling around here. Also, if you know anybody that works at a large hospital, have them talk to the tech folks about getting a cheap old computer (They replace them frequently in hospitals). I have gotten several for free or for like $50, one of which is now my server lol.

as stated, just get ahold of one or more, try breaking them *not physically, but through use* and then repair them. I've broken Windows more times than I can count lol.... if security, buddy up with a friend on a network, and have hack/security wars! that was one thing that made A-school for me go by rapidly and enjoyably :). read into various topics, this forum covers lots of them, just kinda depends on what exactly you are looking for. post questions! this is a great place to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom